Monday, January 24, 2011

Nutella Goodness

Nutella.
Where do I begin? It's just so frigen good. Smooth and creamy, rich and flavorful; I keep coming up for more and more uses for the chocolate-hazelnut spread. Typically I'll just spoon big servings into my mouth and consider it a snack in itself, although I've tried a few other ways to enjoy the treat.
One of my favorite Nutella experiments involved puff pastry or pie shells and marshmallows, and is incredibly easy and delicious.

Simply cut your pie dough or puff pastry into 4 inch squares, place about a half of a tablespoon in the middle, topp with 4 or 5 marshmallows, fold the square diagonally and crimp the edges closed.
Brush an egg wash over the tops and bake them in a 350 degree oven for about 7 minutes or until the edges are golden brown

The finished product is unreal. The marshmallows somehow soak up the hot melted Nutella and create a filling with a superb texture that I can't really describe. They're light and fluffy, but smooth and creamy. A perfect combination that I suggest everyone tries.

No comments:

Post a Comment