Sunday, January 23, 2011

sunday morning.

here i am on one of the big green couches. been here since friday afternoon, save the trip to the hospital i had to take. i miraculously sparined my knee and tore some ligaments while dancin' like a diva on thursday night. i suppose i should find some new moves.
on top of my temporary disability, it is an excruciatingly cold -25 with wind chill outside.
so for now i am completely satisfied with one big bottomless cup of coffee, the pain killers the cute PA at Fletcher Allen gave me, Van Morrison's greatest hits album, and this site i found on DIY weddings that I can not stop browsing....
It's filled with pages of indie, vintage inspired weddings from around the country. All of them incorporate DIY touches, simple and delicate designs, and unique details that represent the personality of couples flawlessly.
Stumbling upon sites like these always re-inspire my desires to be a wedding planner and remind me of all the reasons I am completely in love with weddings.
I've been told countless times all about the long hours and extreme work ethic that event coordinators, especially wedding coordinators, must endure. I've also been told how rewarding it is to have a job doing something you love. For me, weddings have always been and will continue to be a love of mine; hopefully I'll be able to channel that love through planning weddings as a career.

"Ruffled" Real Wedding Showcase -
http://ruffledblog.com/real-wedding/

2 comments:

  1. I have always said I would never plan weddings but after my friends' recent engagement I have been thinking planning weddings could be a lot of fun, I will have to check out some of the links you find for some ideas for her wedding.

    -Kayla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will you plan my wedding beautiful?

    ReplyDelete